Administrative Professionals Week Committee (APW) (Special)
Formulate a program to enable the Chapter and its members to derive the greatest possible benefit from Administrative Professionals Week and Day.
5-20 hrs per year
Committee Structure (Minimal)
· Committee Chair
· 2-3 Committee Members
· Refer to the fiscal budget for committee planning purposes.
Attention to detail Coaching
Communication (Written & verbal) Coordination
Decision making Delegating
Meeting & event planning Networking
Organization People skills
Personal interaction Planning
Project planning Responsibility
Setting & meeting deadlines Teamwork
Thinking outside the box
All efforts of the APW Committee should be guided by IAAP’s Vision, Mission, and Purpose statements (see Section One).
1. Recommendation: Meet the first part of the fiscal year to decide what type of event to hold, determine timelines, and delegate responsibilities.
2. Submit ideas to Board for approval prior to any planning. Include:
· Associated costs:
· Hotel, speaker, invitations, etc.
3. Secure a speaker and the facility (if applicable)
4. Secure door prizes
5. Prepare invitations or fliers
6. Work with Publicity Chair to publicize event
a. Recommendation: Invite Publicity and Membership Committees (at least) to your planning meetings.
7. Confer with the OMY Chair regarding the announcement of the new recipient: will it be announced, when, where, who will announce
8. Recruit Tulsa Chapter volunteers to work the event: i.e., registration.
9. Submit expenses to Chapter Treasurer.
a. Form is located on our website (www.iaap-tulsa.org).
10. Update your Committee binders with pertinent information and bring your binder with you to all Chapter and Board meetings that you attend.
11. Ensure all documentation is in your binder before forwarding the binder to the newly selected committee chair at the transition meeting in July.
12. Attend all Board meetings or provide a report to your Board representative prior to each Board meeting.
a. Dates and location are noted in Tab 1 of this binder.
· Tenth of Month – Articles/updates due to the Newsletter, Publicity, and Website Committee Chairs, as needed.
· Fourth Monday of each month – Submit your committee Report to your Board representative, unless you plan to attend the Board meeting on that Tuesday
· First planning meeting with your committee
· Confirm location (if applicable)
· Confirm speaker (is applicable)
· APW event
· 15th – Submit fiscal year-end report to Chapter President.
o Form is located on our website (www.iaap-tulsa.org).
· 30th – All expenses for the fiscal year should have been submitted to the Chapter Treasurer.
· Transfer binder to new committee chair at transition meeting.