To provide guidelines for overall governance of the Tulsa Chapter, consistent with the A-O Division Bylaws and Standing Rules and Procedures and the International Bylaws and Procedures.
· Committee meets when needed to review Chapter Bylaws.
· 15-20 hours per year
Committee Structure (Optimal)
· Committee Chair
· 2-3 Committee Members
· Refer to the fiscal budget for committee planning purposes.
Attention to detail Business writing
Coaching Communication (Written & verbal)
Coordination Decision making
Leadership Meeting & event planning
People skills Personal interaction
Planning Project planning
Public speaking Responsibility
Setting & meeting deadlines Teamwork
Thinking outside the box
All efforts of the Bylaws Committee should be guided by IAAP’s Vision, Mission, and Purpose statements.
1. Recommendation: Meet the first part of the fiscal year to determine timelines and delegate responsibilities.
2. Shall maintain conformity in Chapter Bylaws with the International Bylaws and the Division Bylaws
3. Propose amendments and resolutions
4. Shall edit/correlate all proposed amendments to the Bylaws of this Chapter and submit them together with the committee's recommendations and the reasons for the recommendations to the membership in accordance with these Bylaws.
5. Shall submit Chapter Bylaws to the Division Bylaws Committee for review every four years.
a. Notify Chapter President when rotation takes place.
6. Shall assist the Board of Directors in preparing and submitting amendments to the International and/or Division Bylaws and resolutions to the International Bylaws Committee on behalf of the Chapter.
7. Update your Committee binder with pertinent information and bring it with you to all Chapter and Board meetings that you attend.
8. Ensure all documentation is in your binder before forwarding the binder to the newly selected committee chair at the transition meeting in July.
9. Attend all Board meetings.
· Tenth of month – Articles/updates due to the Newsletter, Publicity, and Website Committee Chairs, as needed.
· Fourth Monday of each month – Submit your committee report to your Board representative, unless you plan to attend the Board meeting on that Thursday.
· Chapter meeting – Review amendments to International Bylaws with chapter members.
· Chapter meeting – review amendments to A-O Division Bylaws with chapter members.
· 15th – Submit fiscal year-end report to Chapter President.
· 30th All expenses for the fiscal year should have been submitted to the Chapter Treasurer.
· Transfer binder to new committee chair at transition meeting.
Every four years
Submit updated Chapter Bylaws, Standing Rules and Procedures to A‑O Division Bylaws, Standing Rules and Procedures Committee for review. (log should be kept in your binder)