Chaplain Committee (Special)
Deliver words of inspiration and prayer at each meeting.
3-5 hours per year
Committee Structure (Optimal)
· Committee Chair
· 1 Committee Member
· Refer to the fiscal budget for committee planning purposes.
Attention to detail
Communication (Written & verbal)
Setting & meeting deadlines
Thinking outside the box
All efforts of the Chaplain Committee should be guided by IAAP’s Vision, Mission, and Purpose statements (see Tab One.)
1. Recommendation: Meet the first part of the fiscal year to determine timelines and delegate responsibilities.
2. Prepare words of inspiration for monthly meeting.
3. Send get well or sympathy cards to members, or others, as requested by the Tulsa Chapter Board.
4. Submit notice or article to the Newsletter and Website Chairs about Committee activities.
5. Submit expenses to Chapter Treasurer.
a. Form is located on our website (www.iaap-tulsa.org).
6. Update your committee binder with pertinent information and bring your binder with you to all Chapter and Board meetings that you attend.
7. Ensure all documentation is in your binder before forwarding the binder to the newly selected committee chair at the transition meeting in July.
8. Attend all Board meetings or provide a report to your Board representative prior to each Board meeting. (Dates and location are noted in Tab 1 of this binder.)
· First Thursday of each month (except January) – Have words of inspiration prepared for chapter monthly meeting.
· Tenth of each month – Updates due to the Newsletter, Publicity and Website Committee Chairs, as needed.
· Fourth Monday of each month – Committee Report due to your Board representative, unless you plan to attend the Board meeting on Tuesday.
· June 15 - Fiscal year-end report due to Chapter President.
Form is located on our website (www.iaap-tulsa.org).
· June 30 – All expenses for the fiscal year should have been submitted to the Chapter Treasurer.
· Transfer binder to new committee chair at transition meeting.
Ensure documentation for the entire year is in the binder.