Employment Committee (Special)
Maintains for reference by the general membership a list of both available job opportunities in the area and individuals who are seeking active employment.
5 hours a year
Committee Structure (Optimal)
· Committee Chair
· 2-3 Committee Members
· Refer to the fiscal budget for committee planning purposes.
Attention to detail Coaching
Communication (Written & verbal) Coordination
Decision making Delegating
People skills Personal interaction
Teamwork Thinking outside the box
All efforts of the Employment Committee should be guided by IAAP’s Vision, Mission, and Purpose statements (see Tab 1).
1. Recommendation: Meet the first part of the fiscal year to determine timelines and delegate responsibilities.
2. Confer with the Website Chair about how to let employment agencies post job openings on our site (for a fee), then contact agencies with the details.
3. Notify the Website Committee Chair of all necessary additions/changes that need to be made to the site, as needed.
4. Ask the Newsletter Committee to place a reminder in each month’s publication for members to check our website for job postings and for the list of people that are currently seeking employment.
5. Submit “congratulatory” notices to the newsletter for people who have found employment through the efforts of the members.
6. Update your Committee binder with pertinent information and bring it with you to all Chapter and Board meetings that you attend.
7. Ensure all documentation is in your binder before forwarding the binder to the newly selected committee chair at the transition meeting in July.
8. Attend all Board meetings or provide a report to your Board representative prior to each Board meeting.
a. Dates and location are noted in Tab 1 of this binder.
· Tenth of month – Articles/updates due to the Newsletter, Publicity, and Website Committee Chairs, as needed.
· Fourth Monday of each month – Submit your committee report to your Board representative, unless you plan to attend the Board meeting on that Tuesday.
· 15th – Submit fiscal year-end report to Chapter President.
o Form is located on our website (www.iaap-tulsa.org).
· 30th - All expenses for the fiscal year should have been submitted to the Chapter Treasurer
· Transfer binder to new committee chair at transition meeting.
Ensure documentation for the entire year is in the binder.