Newsletter Committee (Standing)
Keep membership apprised of Chapter activities and provide up-to-date interesting articles that encourage learning and enhancement of administrative skills by preparing and distributing the official publication, The Tulsan.
2 hours per month
Committee Structure (Optimal)
· Committee Chair
· 2-3 Committee Members
· Refer to the fiscal budget for committee planning purposes.
Attention to detail Coaching
Communication (Written & verbal) Coordination
Decision making Delegating
Meeting & event planning Networking
Organization People skills
Personal interaction Planning
Project planning Resourcefulness
Responsibility Setting & meeting deadlines
Software knowledge Teamwork
Thinking outside the box
All Newsletter Committee efforts should be guided by IAAP’s Vision, Mission, and Purpose statements (see Tab 1).
1. Recommendation: Meet the first part of the fiscal year to determine timelines and delegate responsibilities.
2. Notify membership of newsletter deadline each month and encourage submission of articles for newsletter.
3. Encourage suggestions from membership as to what they would like to read in their newsletter.
4. Compile articles for newsletter each month.
5. Write fill-in articles as needed.
6. Create and edit the newsletter.
7. Send newsletter out to membership at least one week prior to monthly meeting.
8. Submit expenses to Chapter Treasurer.
a. Form is located on our website (www.iaap-tulsa.org).
9. Update your Committee binders with pertinent information and bring your binder with you to all Chapter and Board meetings that you attend.
10. Ensure all documentation is in your binder before forwarding the binder to the newly selected committee chair at the transition meeting in July.
11. Attend all Board meetings or provide a report to your Board representative prior to each Board meeting.
a. Dates and location are noted in Tab 1 of this binder.
· At least one week prior to monthly meeting – Distribute newsletter
· Fourth Monday of each month – Submit your committee Report to your Board representative, unless you plan to attend the Board meeting on that Tuesday.
· No January newsletter.
· 15th – Submit fiscal year-end report to Chapter President.
o Form is located on our website (www.iaap-tulsa.org).
· 30th – All expenses for the fiscal year should have been submitted to the Chapter Treasurer.
· Transfer binder to new committee chair at transition meeting.
o Ensure documentation for the entire year is in the binder.