Nominations Committee (Standing)
The Committee on Nominations shall submit to the members a slate of one or more candidates for each office, giving the qualifications of each candidate.
1 – 2 hours per year
Committee Structure (Optimal)
Shall consist of a Chair and at least two Members who shall be elected by the membership at least two months prior to the Annual Meeting and shall serve for a period of one (1) year. No member shall serve more than two (2) consecutive years.
· Refer to the fiscal budget for committee planning purposes.
Attention to detail Communication (verbal)
People skills Personal interaction
Responsibility Setting & meeting deadlines
All Nominations Committee efforts should be guided by IAAP’s Vision, Mission, and Purpose statements (see Tab 1).
1. Recommendation: Hold committee planning meeting to delegate responsibilities.
2. Review officer qualifications, then contact members you think would be a good fit for each position.
a. Note: The candidates should preferably be representative of different companies.
3. Explain duties of each office to your potential candidates.
4. Obtain qualifications of each candidate and present them to the membership, when announcing the slate of officers.
5. If a vacancy occurs among the officers-elect between the time of election and July 1, the Committee shall submit to the members a slate of one or more candidates for the office(s).
6. Update your Committee binders with pertinent information and bring your binder with you to all Chapter and Board meetings that you attend.
7. Ensure all documentation is in your binder before forwarding the binder to the newly selected committee chair at the transition meeting in July.
· Tenth of each month – Articles/updates due to Newsletter, Publicity, and Website Committee Chairs, as needed.
· Start search for potential candidates.
· Ask each candidate to submit their biography which reflects who they are, why they are interested in holding the position and a list of their qualifications.
· May meeting – Present slate of candidates for each office to chapter members.
· 15th – Submit fiscal year-end report to Chapter President.
o Form is located on our website (www.iaap-tulsa.org).
· 30th – All expenses for the fiscal year should have been submitted to the Chapter Treasurer.
Transfer binder to new committee chair at transition meeting.