Ways and Means Committee (Standing)
Purpose: To develop and promote income-generating projects to support the Chapter.
- Initial planning meeting and then time at various IAAP functions/meetings to staff project table/booth.
Committee Structure (Optimal)
- Committee Chair
- 2-3 Committee Members
- Refer to the fiscal budget for committee planning purposes.
Attention to detail Coaching
Communication (Written & verbal) Coordination
Decision making Delegating
Meeting & event planning Networking
Organization People skills
Personal interaction Planning
Project planning Public speaking
Responsibility Setting & meeting deadlines
Teamwork Thinking outside the box
All Ways and Means Committee relation efforts should be guided by IAAP’s Vision, Mission, and Purpose statements (see Tab 1).
1. Recommendation: Meet the first part of the fiscal year to determine timelines and delegate responsibilities.
2. Suggest and develop various projects that will generate additional income for the Chapter. Present ideas to Board of Directors before implementing.
3. Promote and display appropriate products and/or services at all IAAP events, including any monthly meetings that are appropriate.
4. Involve entire membership in projects.
5. Keep an accurate record of funds raised, then turn all funds over to the Chapter Treasurer.
6. Submit expenses to Chapter Treasurer.
a. Form is located on our website (www.iaap-tusa.org).
7. Update your Committee binders with pertinent information and bring your binder with you to all Chapter and Board meetings that you attend
8. Ensure all documentation is in your binder before forwarding the binder to the newly selected committee chair at the transition meeting in July.
9. Attend all Board meetings or provide a report to your Board representative prior to each Board meeting.
a. Dates and location are noted in Tab 1 of your binder.
· Tenth of month – Articles/updates due to the Newsletter, Publicity, and Website Committee Chairs, as needed
· Fourth Monday of each month – Submit your committee report to your Board representative, unless you plan to attend the Board meeting on that Tuesday.
· 15th – Submit fiscal year-end report to Chapter President.
o Form is located on our website (www.iaap-tulsa.org).
· 30th – All expenses for the fiscal year should have been submitted to the Chapter Treasurer.
July Transfer binder to new committee chair at transition meeting